If you are searching for forklift configuration information, you will be glad you have found this webpage. Sure there are plenty of variations out there, so it is hard for you to know what to believe.
So the best thing you can do is to make it as simple as you can on yourself by simply reading this page. You have discovered a good source of information about this subject so there really is no need to look any further.
By Simona Rusnakova
Forklift Training Courses – How to Choose the Best?
We all know that Forklift training is specialised, so doesn’t it make sense to have your staff trained by a company that only specializes in Forklift training?
Before you decide to book a course with a trainer, ask yourself the following questions:
Is getting a certificate from an accredited forklift training provider a priority?
Do you want to work with the training company because of the excellent Health & Safety Aspects?
Is the fact that the Forklift Training has many Glowing Testimonials important?
Do you need Novice, Experienced or just Refresher Courses for Forklift Drivers and Operators?
What the clients should be saying about forklift trainers:
– Very thorough, demanding and professionally delivered course
– Consistently pleasant, tackling all training with a smile
– Excellent personality for training
– Maintaining full participation at all times
– The quality of the training was first class followed up with high quality feedback from the trainer
– A first class trainer offering excellent value for money
– Effectively putting across the theoretical information
– Very easy to understand and interesting
– Clear, comprehensive and well communicated
All training provided should be customisable.
Simply, the company should ensure that it’s practical in terms of the trainee’s work environment, products and processes, and that the training meets the specific trainee learning objectives and their business needs.
All successful candidates should receive certification recognized by the HSA and insurance companies.
Professional training ensures that employees are up to date with their legal responsibilities and the safest operating procedures to use. When you choose a forklift training company, your staff should receive comprehensive practical and theoretical onsite training.
Between a quarter and a third of all reported accidents are attributable to incorrect manual handling.
Most accidents result in back injury, though the hands, arms and feet may also be injured. Manual handling of loads means “any transporting or supporting of a load by one or more employees that includes lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving a load which, by reason of its characteristics or of unfavorable ergonomic conditions, involves risk particularly of back injury, to employees.” In order to comply with the 1993 Manual handling regulations, staff engaged in manual handling tasks must be given training in the safe handling of loads. This half day course instructs employees in the theory and practice of safe manual handling.
Upon completion of the course participants will be able to:
– Recognize a load, which is too awkward or heavy.
– Understand the limitations of the spine and the muscular system.
– Lift and handle loads safely
– Manual Handling Legislation.
– assessing the load.
– Danger of careless and unskilled methods.
– Principles of levers and law of motion.
– Anatomy of the spine and muscular system.
– how the body is harmed through incorrect handling techniques.
– Care of the spine.- How to handle loads safely.
– Practice in safe handling of loads.
About the Author: This article was submitted by John Flannagan of http://www.premierforklifttraining.ie – Forklift Training – company in Dublin.
Permanent Link: http://www.isnare.com/?aid=379192&ca=Education